Making a delicious cup of teh tarik…
Teh tarik, a sweetened cup of tea, is prepared by pouring the liquid back and forth between two mediums until it settles into becoming a frothy milk-like drink with a distinct flavor of condensed and evaporated milk.
Teh Tarik is a traditional drink in Southeast Asia. It has a unique way of making it and you can only find out the taste if you try the teh tarik recipe which I am going to share with you.
1. Boil water and milk or condensed milk in a saucepan.
2. Once the milk boils, add condensed milk to taste.
3. Add tea dust and stir well until dissolved, then turn off heat and set aside for a few minutes to cool down before pouring into a cup with filter to remove the tea dust.
4. Pour milk mixture into the cup of filtered tea.
5. Tilt glass at an angle over the sink or onto a table surface to “pull” the drink back up into the glass again with a dramatic flourish – repeat this process 4-5 times before serving.
Below video shows ‘Bakar Spring’ in tarik action.